Since soy wax candles have a “memory”, it’s important that the first time you light your candle you let it burn for at least 3-4 hours or until the top layer of wax is completely melted and reaches the edges of the jar. This will help ensure a complete and even burn and allow the maximum amount of scent to be released.
In addition, always follow these steps each time you burn your candle:
- Allow the candle to burn for 3-4 hours during each lighting.
- Always keep the candle wick centered and trimmed to ¼ inch.
- Never burn the candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Discontinue burning the candle when ¼ inch of wax is remaining.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Extinguish candles before going to sleep or leaving the house.
- Keep candles out of reach of children, pets, drafts or anything flammable.
- Always place a burning candle on a clean, stable, and heat-resistant surface.